As I came across the bypass road of Samcholing – Khoshala, I came to realize that we forget the old highway that we used to travel and give no attention that it requires viz; annual maintenance, proper drainage system, potholes, clearing, etc. if the bypass was not constructed, that road shall be the only road that will reach us to our destination. I said “ Thank you ” as I cross the junction. With the opening of the new bridge at Telegangchu, the old bridge lies above without care and it looks haunted. It was abandoned after serving its purpose. It stuck me to a feeling that it would have served thousands of vehicles and people reaching to the other side. When the new one was inaugurated with celebrations, no one dares to talk about the old bridge. Everyone was amazed at how beautiful the bridge was built by DNC without realizing, it was possible only because of the old bridge. Now, no one gives a shit to the point of even glancing at it. Whenever I pass by it, I look at it and reme...
Comments